Am Dienstag, den 19.06.2018, 14:34 +0300 schrieb Nikita Yushchenko: > > > > > > + imx51_bbu_internal_spi_i2c_register_handler("spi", > > > > > > +     "/dev/dataflash0.barebox", > > > +     BBU_HANDLER_FLAG_DEFAULT); > > > > Did you test that this works? The Barebox partition has an offset and > > according the RM the BootROM looks at a specific location for the image > > header, so I think the Barebox image needs to be truncated for this to > > work. > > Yes, this works, together with this patch: > > https://github.com/CogentEmbedded/barebox-zodiac/commit/9b523e459e198960b94594b7185baa0dd2649feb > > I've copied this code from earlier version developed by Andrey Gusakov [CCed]. > > I did not try to change anything there, to ensure board stays bootable ;). But this isn't a generic fix that can be applied upstream. Nothing in the i.MX51 boot specification says that the first 1024 bytes of flash shouldn't be written and in fact this is cutting the Barebox image signature from the image written to flash, which is generally undesirable. And it probably also doesn't work with the barebox partition having an offset on the flash, as is done with this patch. I've added a ugly workaround in the BSP patchstack, which _might_ be acceptable upstream. See attached patch. Regards, Lucas