* idea of alias command
@ 2013-12-05  2:04 Alexander Aring
From: Alexander Aring @ 2013-12-05  2:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

Hi,

maybe one of you know this... you type vim but means edit, but this
reminds you that you are in barebox and need to press ctrl-d instead
:wq or :x. After this you are happy to be in linux. :-)

So maybe we could add a "alias" command or a alias builtin function.
Don't know what's better to implement a new command or a builtin
function, but it should be to enabled or disabled via Kconfig.
(So we can save memory if somebody doens't need this little toy)

This command simply adds a an alias in aliases of struct command.

Is this a good idea or we don't need something like this in barebox?

- Alex

only message in thread, other threads:[~2013-12-05  1:56 UTC | newest]