* Q about bootstrap support for at91sam92* boards and proposal for retirement
@ 2022-01-09 18:38 Sam Ravnborg
From: Sam Ravnborg @ 2022-01-09 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Barebox List, Ahmad Fatoum

Hi all.

This little detour started because Ahmad pointed out I had made
a stupid mistake in pwm-atmel.
So I decided I wanted to give it a spin to verify if it actually works
now.

The first challenge I encountered was that said driver had bit-rotted
as it used the old pwm framework - so I updated it from the Linux
kernel.
I have the code locally - but this time I will not have it posted before
it is tested.

Then I cloned the latest at91bootstrap - but they no longer support old
at91sam92xx CPUs.
So it was time to enable bootstrap support for at91sam9263.

In the past I had something working, but alas no luck this time.

Can anyone (Ahmad?) help me a little how to get the bootstrap
functionality working on the at91sam9263?

I do not expect patches, but I hope for something that can point me in
the right way to do it.

I have skov-arm9cpu boards (plenty - as they are mostly retired by SKOV)
and one at91sam9263ek where I can test.

We see very little interest in at91sam92* boards and we could decide
to retire all the boards that are not updated to multi-image.
This could simplify things - and if there is interest the missing boards
can be brought back to life provided they are updated to multi image.
Any comments on this?
I am happy to type the patches - and verify that the boards I have works.

	Sam