Hi, I'm using barebox on an embedded system with an imx6 cpu, a nor and a nand flash. I recently updated the barebox to v2016.04.0 and noticed that the command 'saveenv' was surprisingly quick and actually didn't work. After a bit of debugging I could track the problem down to a call to the function erase() within 'common/environment.c': int envfs_save(const char *filename, const char *dirname, unsigned flags) { ... ret = erase(envfd, ~0, 0); /* ENOSYS and EOPNOTSUPP aren't errors here, many devices don't need it */ if (ret && errno != ENOSYS && errno != EOPNOTSUPP) { printf("could not erase %s: %s\n", filename, errno_str()); goto out; } ... The function prototype is: int erase(int fd, loff_t count, loff_t offset) in particular the second argument, count, is a signed long long. Now when calling erase() with a count of ~0 the function will cast it to -1 instead of to a 'very big' number and actually never erase anything. I think in these cases it is better to use cpp macros like LLONG_MAX or change the type of count to a size_t. giorgio