From: "Gieseler, Christian" <CG@eks-engel.de>
To: "'barebox@lists.infradead.org'" <barebox@lists.infradead.org>
Subject: RE: AM335x mehrere MMC-Bootquellen
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 14:36:28 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Matthias,

We use an initscript that does the choice for the kernel commandline entry.
$bootsource_instance should help you:
global linux.bootargs.root="root=/dev/mmcblk${bootsource_instance}p3"

> Auch beim Beagleboneblack besteht die Möglichkeit über einen
> Drucktaster die Bootquelle zu selektieren, hier gibt es jedoch
> lediglich einen boot Eintrag, der standardmäßig über
> global.boot.default=sd selektiert wird. Nach meinem Verständnis dürfte
> dieses Board grundsätzlich von der SD-Karte booten.

I think you are right about booting always from sd card.
As a sample the line from the same iniscript to make the entry depending on the bootsource:
global.boot.default="mci${bootsource_instance}.2"

Please observe that counting up partitions is different in barebox (starting with 0)and linux (starting with1).

Best Regards
Christian Gieseler