From: Andrey Smirnov <andrew.smirnov@gmail.com>
To: i.sapozhnikov@prosoftsystems.ru
Cc: Barebox List <barebox@lists.infradead.org>
Subject: Re: Problem booting Linux v4.8.15 from NAND on using Barebox
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2018 23:12:47 -0700	[thread overview]

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 10:47 PM Сапожников Игорь Валерьевич
<i.sapozhnikov@prosoftsystems.ru> wrote:

> Hello. I use barebox v2017.07.0 and I getting trouble with loading Linux kernel v4.8.15 after flashing to NAND and rebooting system. I checked Linux image located in NAND through md5sum program in barebox and Linux . In barebox md5sum return value differ from value in Linux. I read linux image from НАНД of Barebox and Linux, then compared their by xxd program. In copy from barebox I got bit-flip errors. It error is not manifested every time after flashing and rebooting system. Usually I needed about 150 reboots. Afterwards I began to use barebox v2018.07.0 and after 5000 rebooting system, I not getting error. Can you tell me what the error was fixed in new build? And can you send me commit id from git where fixed error?

Igor:

IMHO, this really sounds like a question to "git bisect" rather than
to the list. I hope you are lucky enough that someone would know the
answer off the top of their head, but I'd still suggest you start
bisecting. Fhis way you'll get your answer even if your question will
never be answered on the list.

Thanks,
Andrey Smirnov