From: Sascha Hauer <sha@pengutronix.de>
To: Trent Piepho <trent.piepho@igorinstitute.com>
Cc: barebox@lists.infradead.org
Subject: Re: Board specific environments and broken configs
Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 09:38:30 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Trent,

On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 11:46:38PM -0700, Trent Piepho wrote:

> The 12 boards with apparently unused envs:
> chumby_falconwing
> crystalfontz-cfa10036
> datamodul-edm-qmx6
> delphi-poc20
> dss11
> efika-mx-smartbook
> generic
> karo-tx25
> karo-tx51
> mx31moboard
> skov-imx6
> technexion-wandboard
>
> An issue with CONFIG_DEFAULT_ENVIRONMENT_PATH is that it applies to
> all boards in a config.  If multiple boards are built at once, e.g.
> imx_v7_defconfig, then there is no way for each board to have a
> different extra env this way.

Thanks for spotting this. It shows some points that could be cleaned up.
Generally I suggest to remove the unused files. When they are unused
nobody should miss them. For some boards we could think about removing
them as well, like for example the i.MX boards that are still not
converted to multiimage support.
I just sent a series starting this, but that's just a start...

Sascha