* Rockchip rk3328 support?
@ 2023-11-10 10:16 Konstantin Kletschke
From: Konstantin Kletschke @ 2023-11-10 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: barebox

Dear barebox community,

is something like the rk3328 supported actually? I have a Dusun DSGW-210
device here which _seems_ to be mainly 99% like a rk3328 EVB board (Olimex
rk3328 eval bord).

>From the CONFIG options or cpu support files I would say no, but there
is dts/src/arm64/rockchip/rk3328-evb.dts which sounds rather good so I
wonder if this is hidden as a subset under other board/cpu.

Kind Regards
Konstantin

--
INSIDE M2M GmbH
Konstantin Kletschke

Telefon: +49 (0) 5137 90950136
Mobil: +49 (0) 151 15256238
Fax: +49 (0) 5137 9095010

konstantin.kletschke@inside-m2m.de
http://www.inside-m2m.de

Gesch"aftsf"uhrung: Michael Emmert, Derek Uhlig
HRB: 111204, AG Hannover

* Re: Rockchip rk3328 support?
@ 2023-11-10 12:42 ` Sascha Hauer
From: Sascha Hauer @ 2023-11-10 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Konstantin Kletschke; +Cc: barebox

Hi Konsti,

On Fri, Nov 10, 2023 at 11:16:01AM +0100, Konstantin Kletschke wrote:
> Dear barebox community,
>
> is something like the rk3328 supported actually? I have a Dusun DSGW-210
> device here which _seems_ to be mainly 99% like a rk3328 EVB board (Olimex
> rk3328 eval bord).

The rk3328 is not yet supported. We have support for rk3568 and rk3288
though, so the ground work for generally supporting Rockchip SoCs has
been done. I don't know how similar the rk3328 is to the supported SoCs,
you could have a look at the Kernel or U-Boot to see how close they are.

> From the CONFIG options or cpu support files I would say no, but there
> is dts/src/arm64/rockchip/rk3328-evb.dts which sounds rather good so I
> wonder if this is hidden as a subset under other board/cpu.

The dts/ directory is taken verbatim from
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/devicetree/devicetree-rebasing.git
which contains all Linux device tree files. The ones actually supported
by barebox are in arch/*/dts/. These include the upstream device tree
files where possible

Regards,
 Sascha

--

* Re: Rockchip rk3328 support?
@ 2023-11-10 13:12   ` Konstantin Kletschke
From: Konstantin Kletschke @ 2023-11-10 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sascha Hauer; +Cc: barebox

Hi Sascha,

On Fri, Nov 10, 2023 at 01:42:06PM +0100, Sascha Hauer wrote:

> The rk3328 is not yet supported. We have support for rk3568 and rk3288
> though, so the ground work for generally supporting Rockchip SoCs has

Ok

> been done. I don't know how similar the rk3328 is to the supported SoCs,
> you could have a look at the Kernel or U-Boot to see how close they are.

Actually I am fighting with u-boot. There are Dusun SDKs with all
sources available but what they are using are ancient 2017.09 u-boot
version which are forked in mirrors rooting to a rockchip github tree.

Now I am fighting with a Dusun SDK using a rather vanilla 2022 u-boot
which is not the same, I just managed to get a working SDRAM setup. Now
reading MMC gives mmc block read error probably yielding to DT setup
issues.

Then we will investigate what has to be done among the common stuff
to put this into barebox.

Kind Regards
Konstantin